At Hampton Vale Primary Academy we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010.
The school's equality duties are:
- Eliminating discrimination
- Fostering good relationships
- Advancing equality of opportunity
Hampton Vale Primary Academy is committed to ensuring equality to provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our Equality Objectives 2022 - 2026 are as follows:
- To ensure that the achievement of all groups at Hampton Vale Primary Academy reach their full potential.
- Hampton Vale Primary Academy is committed to serving its community and surrounding areas. We recognise the multicultural, multi-faith nature of the United Kingdom and understand the crucial role our Academy plays in promoting these values.
- To ensure the school's value of diversity, leadership, integrity, empathy, respect, liberty, challenge and resilience are at the heart of our school practise and that the curriculum reflects our inclusive ethos which recognises equality for all as a strength of the school.
- To promote pupils' understanding of identity, diversity, community and equality.
- To promote effective transition into and from the school.
- To ensure the children are prepared for life in modern Britain and the next stage of learning.
We will not discriminate against, harass or victimise any pupil, prospective pupil, or other member of the school community because of their:
- Religion or Belief
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Reassignment
- Pregnancy or Maternity
Hampton Vale Primary Academy aims to promote pupils spiritual, moral, social and cultural development with a special emphasis on promoting equality, diversity and eradicating prejudicial incidents for pupils and staff. Our school is committed to not only eliminating discrimination, but also increasing understanding and appreciation for diversity.
Aims to Eradicate Prejudice:
Hampton Vale Primary Academy believes that a greater level of success from pupils and staff can be achieved by realising the uniqueness of individuals. Creating a prejudice-free environment where individuals feel confident and at ease is a commitment of the school. This environment will be achieved by:
- Being respectful
- Always treating all members of the school community fairly
- Developing an understanding of diversity and the benefits it can have
- Adopting an inclusive attitude.
- Adopting an inclusive curriculum that is accessible to all
- Encouraging compassion and open-mindedness
We are committed to have a balanced and fair curriculum. We believe that our pupils should be exposed to ideas and concepts that may challenge their understanding to help ensure that pupils learn to become more accepting and inclusive of others. Challenging and controversial concepts will be delivered in a way that prevents discrimination, and instead promotes inclusive attitudes. We will also respect the right of parents to withdraw their children from classes which pose conflicts to their own beliefs.
Dealing with Prejudice:
Hampton Vale Primary Academy does not tolerate any form of prejudice-related incident. Whether direct or indirect, we treat discrimination against all members of our school with the utmost severity. When an incident is reported, through a thorough reporting procedure, our school is devoted to ensuring appropriate action is taken, and a resolution is put into place which is both fir and firm.
At Hampton Vale Primary Academy, our pupils are taught to be:
- Understanding of others
- Celebratory of cultural diversity
- Eager to reach their full potential
- Aware of what constitutes discriminatory behaviour
The school's employees will:
- Promote diversity equality
- Encourage and adopt an inclusive attitude
- Lead by example
Equality and Dignity in the Workplace:
We fully recognise our responsibilities as an employee with regards to the following protected characteristics and will always ensure that no member of our staff body will ever face discrimination. The protected characteristics are as follows:
- Gender reassignment
- Marital or civil partner status
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
- Religion or belief
- Sex or sexual orientation
Equality of opportunity and non-discrimination extends to the treatment of all members of the school community. All staff members are obliged to act in accordance with the school's various policies relating to equality.
We will guarantee that no redundancy is the result of direct or indirect prejudice. All disciplinary procedures are non-prejudicial, whether they result in warnings, dismissal or any other disciplinary action.